Tuesday, February 21, 2012

OUT WITH THE OLD....... AND IN WITH THE NEW

My first experience of out with the old,
this year, was when my heat pump
went kaput
and I had to buy a new unit.
I guess after 28 years the old one decided it had
done enough work.
I feel that way too sometimes.
Next we moved our office of 15 years,
Leaving the old office was emotional...
Seriously,
Who would want to leave ALL this?
For this......
The new nurses station...
My old office, which shows my desk the
 cleanest it has been in 15 years.
This is my new office....
everything isn't unpacked yet..
But the things that are,
I have trouble remembering where I put them.

Even the bathrooms are sleek and new.
The most important room:
The kitchen, with a full size fridge.
For the first time in 25 years!
Dr. Stucki, my friend and boss for 25 years.
Me, trying to hold back the tears
As I prepared to leave my old office for the last time
I repeat, tears flowed as I left my office
for the last time.....
Ok this is the best I could do for the "act all emotional" scene.
 Now I'm left wondering
when they will start to replace the old and bring in the new
in the employee division....
I'm in serious trouble when that happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment