Sunday, November 13, 2011

DIAMONDS ARE SOMEONE ELSE'S BEST FRIEND.....


On Friday, November 4 at 5:30 pm
I stopped at TJ Maxx on my way home from work,
and in the parking stall next to mine I found this:
The next day, I looked at the ring again,
and decided that I should call the store to
see if anyone had reported it as missing.
No one had, but they took my phone number
and told me they would call if anyone asked about it.
A few hours later I had a call from the store
and they gave me the number of the lady who had inquired about it.
I called her and she asked if she could come by and look at it,
and if it wasn't hers she certainly wouldn't take it.
This was my first clue that perhaps the green stone,
and the diamonds all around it were....
g.a.s.p.
REAL !
The sweet 70ish lady came and brought the
certificate of insurance as well as
a picture of the ring.
It
DEFINITELY
was hers.
And it definitely was worth big $!
( looking on line it appears to be valued at $5,655.00)
The next day she came by again
and brought me these: 
With this sweet note: 
It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside....
and I was happy that I had been honest,
 and that the diamond ring
was once again with its rightful owner.

So 5 days later,
I am at another store....
It is late at night
(for me anyway)
Well, it was DARK,
so in my world, it was late....
The parking lot was empty except for a few cars and a shopping cart
that was closer to my car than I would have liked.
So as I grumbled to myself about how people are so rude....
and moved the cart away from my car....
I looked down....
and and found these.....
Fossil sunglasses.
Not a diamond ring....
but as of yet
still unclaimed.
which means...
I am rockin' the glasses until
someone claims them
or doesn't.
And for the record, I don't know
WHY I look like I am sporting a mustache.
(insert tears of self pity here)
w.r.i.n.k.l.e.s might be the answer..
which only makes that warm and fuzzy feeling I had earlier
 a very
 distant
memory.

1 comment: