Saturday, January 15, 2011

AND THERE WERE "SHEPHERDS" ABIDING IN THE LAND....A BELATED, LENGTHY AND PICTURE FILLED CHRISTMAS POST

This year for the 1st time I was able to spend Christmas morning with
the Shepherd/Bailey family.
I was greated by this cute reindeer upon my arrival.
Then I was told all about Mr. Peeps....and the Christmas Elf.
They make their annual appearance the 1st of December.
Mr. Peeps hides in a different spot each day to make sure
the kids are dong what they are suppossed to.
He of course, reports any violations directly to the
Big Man in the Red Suit.
The other Elf is the keeper of the key for Santa.
Since there is no fireplace for Santa to use to get into the house,
Some clever person devised another way to finagle money from parents
The other elf leaves him a magical key
so he can deliver the booty.
Each year when my kids ask me what I want for Christmas,
my brthday, Mother's Day or whatever the occason,
apparently my answer is always the same.....
N.O.T.H.I.N.G.
And so this year, I got what I have
always asked for.. I give you
My jar of nothing!!
We can't forget to leave Santa his snack.
Briqelle kindly wrote "have some milk and cookies" on the cup for Santa.
Cali explaining how the magical key works.
The first Christmas for this Shepherd
and she wasn't quite sure what all the fuss was about.
Looks like we might have a diva in training here....
And she has the best teacher on the planet.
Jameson can't quite take it all in...
that's one BIG train set
It only takes one word to describe the true love of this little man...
TRAINS
 And when he starts playing with them...
Well....lets just say NOTHING comes between him and his trains. 
He got very upset
when he was pulled away from his train set
to open more presents..
VERY
VERY
upset
However,  more Thomas the Train cars helped him get over it.

Time for Mr. Peeps to go back to the North pole for another year.
That will be a good thing for a certain girl who may or may not
throw a diva tantrum when she doesn't get her way.....
Such as in this picture where she was tired of hiking after 10 minutes,
because in true diva style, 
it made her all "dirty and sweaty."
That's MY kind of girl
But I digress...... 
 Mr. Peeps and Mr. Elf leave until next year...

The Shepherd family as they keep watch
over their little "flock"
With the newest little angel Quinn 
making the Shepherd's Flock
complete...
It was a wonderful Christmas in 2010
spent with a beautiful family.
Bumma minus make up is not a pretty picture.
Maybe Cali can help me, with her "diva in training" class.
The favorite present of these two:
Their "pillow pets"
Thats Bumma's kind of a pet....
remember this
and that?
In my world, pillow pets are the best.





















1 comment:

  1. My favorite post to date. You are so stinkin funny and clever, how do you do it? We loved having you for christmas, I just wished we got to have you every year. Happy Bday today too.
    LUV amber

    ReplyDelete