Sunday, December 5, 2010

GRRRRRR.......OWL

Each and every year, I have the
MARVELOUS
opportunity to clean up the
mess made by my neighbor's
dang blasted pecan tree.
This year was no exception.
And so, 2 hours and  14  3 Ibuprofen 800s later...
I tried to think of reasons to be thankful that I have this
golden opportunity.
Are the leaves pretty, golden and red?
No, they are ugly shades of brown.
Is it giving me a workout equivalent
 of an hour at the gym?
 Not quite.
Does it let me know that my nose runs
in perfect order with each breath I draw?
You betcha...
 
 Do I feel a sense of accomplishment as I
silently cuss this cursed tree in all it's naked beauty?
Naked because its leaves are 
2 feet deep on my patio?
Am I grateful that I am able to physically 
perform this dreaded annual task? 
O.K. that is a BIG YES.
Plus, don't forget all the wonderful
perks of getting all the pecans that fall on my side of the fence!!!!
YES, YES, YES!!!!!
I am beginning to develop an attitude of gratitude!
A clean patio, and the nuts....
ALL....THOSE.....GLORIOUS.... DELICIOUS....NUTS...
which you may know, cost a small fortune at the store.
I get the leaves, and the neighbor gets the nuts?
GRRRR.......OWL
All that work for this?????

I just may have to visit my neighbor's yard tonight...
with a flashlight and an extra large bowl.
If you happen to see this:
Followed by this:
You'll know the real story behind
the headlines:
"She went nuts over the nuts"

1 comment: