Monday, September 6, 2010

RANDOM CHILDHOOD THOUGHT #1

When I was a child of about 6 years old
 I remember walking past some
hand prints on the sidewalk ....
I desperately wanted my hand print in cement like that.
So I asked my dad how to do it....

The cement has to be wet he said.
So......
I waited for the sprinklers to come on
and our sidewalk was wet, just like my dad said it should be.
Carefully I wrote my name, and placed my hands on the wet cement.
NOTHING.....
N.A.D.A.
I asked my dad why it wasn't working......
This kind of wet he explained.
Lesson learned.
Funny how this memory popped into my head this morning
as I was walking through sprinkler "wet" cement.
 I didn't try to write my name in it...
But I did walk through it and look back to see
my footprint.
I laughed to remember my 6 year old mind
Thinking that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment