Friday, July 17, 2009

MY BIG "TRIP"

I KNOW!!! Makes you want to cry for me doesn't it? (And in case you can't tell, that is my leg)

Now for your "I need a great laugh today" entertainment...I give you permission to laugh hysterically over my pain filled drama. So, here is the big story, which in my humble opinion should have been breaking news on every channel, but I guess they had to cover REALLY important things like the dog that somehow got a BBQ fork stuck in his head..(no kidding that was on Good Morning America) but I digress......... SO.............
I was coming back from the hospital cafeteria, laden down with a tray filled with lunch for me and the doc's and true to my klutzy skills (which I have spent many years perfecting), I TRIPPED UP THE STAIRS!! Now I ask you, what kind of an idiot trips UP stairs???
First of all I was embarrassed but did what any good employee would do; cussed a blue streak held on to the lunch! Doesn't it just warm your heart to know I am always thinking of others? The 2nd thing I did was to make sure no one saw me. (No such luck, a teenager was giggling as he walked by....sob) So I hobbled across the street back to the office thinking, well it doesn't hurt THAT bad. I get back in the office and look down and my leg is a bloody mess. I was thinking about turning my injury in to Workman's Comp...but to have to admit what happened with all the paperwork involved, well; lets just say, I'll suffer in silence without WC. Unselfish person that I am, I am going to let "those people" that think they are entitled to it because they lost a limb or got paralized or something lame like that have it.

Really, which would be worse do you think? Looking at this painful mass of bleeding flesh, or losing a limb and being paralized?..... I know!! MINE is much worse. Thank you for agreeing with me.
THE END

6 comments:

  1. I am so impressed that you held onto the tray! You sacrificed your shin for your boss's lunch! That definitely deserves a raise! I bet if you let the food go flying and caught yourself, you wouldn't be so injured! Please tell me you walked all around the office and showed EVERY last person! They need to know about your wonderfulness!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I let everyone know. I was not going to suffer in silence. Anyone who knows me knows I have to let the world know about my injuries,misfortunes, etc. etc. Plus, I was hoping it would get me enough sympathy to get me to leave work early.....no such luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So that is where Cali gets it. HEEEEE HEEEE oh my goodness that story was great and was was even better was it was an illustrated story. Good thing you work for doctors. :) oh man. I am calling ya right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never told me this story, BUT so glad that I saw the visual aide and the great story board because that made it a little funny. I know, I am sorry. I am laughing out loud, just because you crack me up! Thanks for passing on the klutziness gene to me. I so can relate to that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, dude! That's gnarly!

    I doubt that this will make you feel any better, 'specially once your leg starts a-bruisin a thousand different colorts, but, I spent the first 21 years of my life tripping up the stairs. The next half, not so much. But I have had a similar shinburn and no doubt, it's pretty crummy.

    Feel better. Oh, and be sure to limp for sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OUCHY!!! I, too, have tripped going up the stairs. I feel your pain sista.

    BTW...you have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete